Sacrament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Risp
Guild Member
Risp

Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) Empty
PostSubject: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Elo!

Real Life Info

- Name: Arthur Carlsson

- Age: 25 (that's what my goverment and mum tells me, imo conspiracy)

- Tell us about yourself: Wall of text warning!

Hello all.

My story is quite long, so there will be a risk of me ranting, but I atleast try to keep it about WoW.
Right; I have played WoW since EU-Final Beta, where I started as a pallie (lvl 34-35). When WoW
went live I rolled another pallie. Bastard manual said "protector", I wanted to tank, not to be a
healer. ;I So after hitting 60 on that char and finding myself not being a tank, me and my mates
decided we wanted to reroll, as they made mistakes aswell. After this we rerolled again (don't ask),
and to our third and last pvp server. We regretted it alot (to much kids) and finally decided to reroll
(sigh) to a pve server named Quel'Thalas (january 2 years ago when that realm opened). There
we started a guild ( our first time) named Lost in Azeroth, and I had the bad luck of becoming the guild leader.

Everything went smooth and dandy. I was the MT and took care of the O's and was the "whining-
wall". O's took care of the guild.Right before the time the guild was hitting Naxxramas following
events happened in my life; I met my current gf, I decided to go back to school to pay for old sins,
I moved in with my gf and out of my birthhome..oh and we got a cat along the way aswell Shocked
I wanted to focus on real life so I left the guild in the current gl's hands and quit (bout november 2006).

About one month after TBC came out and I had my life in a new structure (and more time off ofc) I
decided to come back. But I didn't want to roll a warrior and go back into old habits so I rolled a lock
and lvled him to 70. But when it came time to raid, I just didn't want to fall into the old pattern, and
also I didn't enjoy the lock that much in groups (this was bout April/May).

So I went back to one of my first warriors (seeing as I knew some ppl from my old server. Also my
mates had a need for him (yeah yeah one should not share accounts) to fill in spots when they were
in need for a dps or tank in alt raids or what not. So when I came back to the game I had a MH atuned
warrior (go figure). My old guild was in need of a dps warrior and I said ok, but after 2 weeks I realised
that it's not my home anymore, I had been away so long that I recognised about 5% of the members, also
I was going back to old habits. It's like you meet up with a old girlfriend, you become "stupified" and act
out your oldself even though you both have changed alot. Not to say, I had missed ALOT of the TBC-content.
Mostly I really miss being a tank, but no matter what a tank or dps-specced warrior is what I am. pirat

- Character's Name: Undecided

- Class: Warrior

- Level: n/a

- Intended spec at max level (feel free to link to http://www.wowhead.com/?talent or similar if you've thought that far ahead):

I will only link the, tank specc. The armory link will show you mine warrior is pvp specced, tweak that one and you got a 2h
debuffing arms/fury hybrid specc. And ofc last but not least you got the standard cookie cutter pve DW fury specced (you go
deep into that tree).

The tanking specc just at 70:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?050000000000000000000000500000000000000000002055511033022103531351

I'm no heroic strike user, prefer the crit. Also there's not much need for tactical mastery even if you have to stance dance to become immune to fear
(if a priest is not avaible). After you get some good gear you drop "Anticipation" and well, you got 5 points either in "Booming Voice" for good buffing
or actually go for heroic and TM or whatever ;>

- Previous WoW experience (raiding experience, former guilds/realms played on, classes/specs played to a high level etc):

Final Beta: Pallie up to lvl 34-35 (reached Deso)
Stormscale: Paladin 60 (no special guild)
Ragnaros: Warrior 60 (Nefarious)
Haomarush: Warrior 60 (Enigma) ---> the one I went back to in april/may 2007 and then transfered to Quel'Thalas about november.
Quel'Thalas: Warrior 60 (deleted december 2006)
Warlock 70
Rogue 70
Priest 61
Warrior 70 (the one from Haomarush)

If needed I can provide screenshots of my "char selection" screen from various servers and whatnot ;>

- Reason for rerolling: I want to experience the TBC content outside of BG's and Arena's, and preferbly as a tank.
I feel also that I want to begin with a new group, instead of falling back into old habits where I loose myself. Also
I was waiting for a new realm, but I just don't think that'll happen tbh, not until WotlK, and that's a bit late.

- Please provide an armoury link (http://eu.wowarmory.com)to your most advanced character:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Baelthur

When I did a manual search it worked fine, but when I tried the link my browser just didn't want to respond so if it
doesn't work "char name: Baelthur. realm: Quel'Thalas. Guild: Lost In Azeroth"

If you notice, the rank I have in the guild is called "Veteran" and is basically reserved for old-schoolers that contributed
but it's not a raiding one, should you feel it's necessary then I'll leave that guild with that char, also feel free to ask anyone
in my former guild about me, I have no secret, and the worst ones I prolly already forgotten. The GL of Lost in Azeroth is btw "Totoro" ;>

Misc

- What can you bring to Sacrament?

Good sense of humour and patience. I'm not a "screamer", never was even when MTing and GLing.

- What are your expectations of Sacrament?

I read through your raiding times, saw your rules, read how you respond to applications,
I would very much like to "move in" and make this my new home (I can also sleep under the balcony!)

- Do you currently have any applications to other guilds outstanding?:

Nope

- What are your usual play times, and are you able to fit in with our intended raid schedule?:

I'm a student! *cough* Yes they fit perfectly, as it gives me a good 30-60 minutes after dinner to prepare.
And the ending time doesn't scare me either.

- Do you have a stable internet connection that can handle 25 man raids?:

Yes, since I moved here I think I haven't had more than 3 days total loss of internet.

- Have you used Ventrilo/Teamspeak before?:

I'm used to Vent, never used TS..ever (I'm like the only one on earth afaik).

- Have you read and agree with the guild rules etc in the 'Whats it all about?' thread?: Makes one go cherry .
Nice rules though, fair.

- Anything else you want to add?:

This was written from 01.45 to 03.50 (I had a hard time rembering it all, and the amount of editing was just stupid)
and I hope it wasn't to confusing, all my text, but if there is something that's uncertain, you can contact me ingame
on the character "Quelth" or "Baelthur" at Quel'Thalas, anyway I will check here (alot) so shouldn't be needed.

If there's no chance of me getting in atm then please tell me if it's ok if I bump this post (I promise not more than
once per day kek).

Thank you alot for your time guys! hf and if our ways don't cross anymore gl!

/Arthur a.k.a /B
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 1:58 am

Hello, thanks for your application.

Although technically we are full atm, I'm impressed with the time you have spent writing your application and am willing to consider it. A couple of questions though:

Q wrote:

I was waiting for a new realm, but I just don't think that'll happen tbh, not until WotlK, and that's a bit late.

Lets imagine that I accept you to the guild, you start levelling with us, and then the week after next a new realm is released; would you be off to play on it, or would you stick with this guild?

Alternatively, as you say it is a possibility that Blizzard will release new realms with WotLK; will you be likely to want to roll on one of those if this should occur (bearing in mind obviously it could be a far bit longer until WotLk actually ships, and lots can happen in that time)?

I only ask because in my experience when people are waiting for new realms they often see other things as something to do while they carry on the endless wait.

Q wrote:
- What are your usual play times, and are you able to fit in with our intended raid schedule?:

I'm a student! *cough* Yes they fit perfectly, as it gives me a good 30-60 minutes after dinner to prepare.
And the ending time doesn't scare me either.

While we do have a few in the guild who seem to have much more time to play than others, in general the majority have work/school/social lives that mean they either cant or dont want to play WoW all day or even every day. With you being a student, you probably have more free time than others, and you could end up in a situation where you are way ahead in levels and hanging around waiting for people to catch up before you can progress onto raid content etc.

Is this liable to be a problem for you if it happened?

Also, if I was to accept you, would you be open to the idea of being flexible with your intended spec for level 70? We are currently technically full on warriors as I said before; however, as with any rerolling guild it is inevitable that there will be attrition in every class to some extent. If a prot warrior was to leave I would likely ask you to go prot, and vice versa with dps. Would this be something you would be alright with doing?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://sacrament.forumotion.com
Risp
Guild Member
Risp

PostSubject: Re: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 4:27 am

Elo again!

Let's see;

1. No, that wouldn't happen. If I would leave, the reason would be that I feel uncomfortable being in Sacrament (or the opposite, that's what trial is bout), and that' would have nothing to do with if a server opens or not. ;S

I've rerolled on the same day all of those servers (that I mentioned that I played on) opened. The ratio of good things compared to bad things must be about 10 vs. 1 on a freshly opened server. But that was my so to speak "default" plan on starting fresh. Before I saw Sacrament - that thread on the Guild Recruitment forums, I just thought it was for ppl waiting for a new realm so I never checked it out until last night.

The end game offers enough if one have to wait, specially as a warrior, you need the resistence stuff, gems (and on), ppl maybe needing a tank when they hit Outlands (if I'm THAT far ahead that is). I'm not worried bout that part. And I've got videogames if worst comes to worst hehe ;>

2. I was so focused on my "WoW is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get..."-story that I totally forgot to mention to clarify my irl. I feel dedicated towards my studies and I love my gf alot (meaning I want to be with her) and I'm not after a hard-raiding guild (6 days a week with a 80% attendence/signup), timewise that is ;> If I wanted that I would have spoken to the GL and O's of my old guild, but I want to get away from that, that's the whole reason for me applying here and making a warrior from scratch. Like I stated before I've read applications where you've stressed this earlier to folks applying. I'm sorry that I totally missed to mention this in my application.

3. If needed I would respecc, that's what your rules specifiy, the ones I said I accept. But ofc it would be nice if I'm the last one asked (*wink wink*), but afaik there's usually always someone wanting to go dps. But anyways if needed I would go dps if asked (with my own gold!), rawr!

cheers

/Arthur
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:40 am

Q wrote:
3. If needed I would respecc, that's what your rules specifiy, the ones I said I accept. But ofc it would be nice if I'm the last one asked (*wink wink*), but afaik there's usually always someone wanting to go dps. But anyways if needed I would go dps if asked (with my own gold!), rawr!

It really sounds like you are intent on going prot in all honesty, and I cant guarantee that a prot warrior spot will come open; we have three already, and they have all been pretty active since the guild went live. That said, I cant say for sure that they will all stick with it to 70 either Wink

Like I said, if you are totally fine with the possibility of being asked to go dps, then I would be more tempted to accept you. However, if it is a case of you not being happy as dps in the long term, a better idea might be to put your app on hold until a prot warrior position becomes available in future.

Please be totally sure about this, I would hate for it to cause problems further down the line Smile
Back to top Go down
Risp
Guild Member
Risp

PostSubject: Re: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 8:14 am

I gave this a long thought now. And tbh, I would like to still squeeze (I think that's a good word for it) myself in with you guys, and if tis dps that is my destiny, then be it so. I guess we'll see when the guild is getting near 70 ;>

/Arthur
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 8:21 am

In that case I am inclined to accept your application. Whisper myself or Crilly in game for an invite. Welcome to the guild Wink
Back to top Go down
Risp
Guild Member
Risp

PostSubject: Re: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 am

Yay! cheers

I'll contact you asap, just have to settle some stuff, say goodbye and such ;>

/Arthur

p.s. thanks! ;>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)   Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Q - Warrior (protty prefrebly). (ACCEPTED)
Page 1 of 1