Sacrament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iruel
Guild Member
Iruel

Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) Empty
PostSubject: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Hey there,

First, to clear up some confusion. I am still researching these two classes and am trying to pick one to play. Sorry to be so indecisive. Even then I might consider yet rogue or warlock! Nevetheless, here's the app:

Real Life Info

- Name: Laurie

- Tell us about yourself:

I'm a first-year english student at Oxford Uni (Balliol College, if you're wondering), doing a shortened 3-year course to then go on to do medicine as a post-grad. This means I put minimum effort into my course ^^, and can play most evenings from about 6pm game time onwards (sometimes not until hour or so later). I've played WoW for many years and many classes have been controlled by my lithe fingers (fine, short and a bit stubby, but they can spam things!)

WoW info

- Character's Name: Iruel, for the moment. Subject to change should I find some hilarious pun.

- Class: Mage/Hunter (possibly rogue/warlock, haha)

- Level: n/a

- Intended spec at max level (feel free to link to http://www.wowhead.com/?talent or similar if you've thought that far ahead):

For a mage, levelling as frost and switching to heavy fire build for raiding (is there any other way?) Hunter, Levelling as BM, continuing as such until far later into raiding, when I've amassed enough agility I'll switch to Survival for raid utility. Something along the lines of Mage or o.oHunter

- Previous WoW experience (raiding experience, former guilds/realms played on, classes/specs played to a high level etc):

Doing this completely barebones, purely because if I type it in prose will take 20 mins :p

First Char: Paladin. Defias Brotherhood EU, <The Crimson Gauntlet>. Holy, and later prot (for about 2 weeks before TBC Smile ) Cleared MC, BWL, AQ40 and spider wing, razuvious in Naxx, and both 20 mans. Stuck at 61.
Warlock: Lightbringer EU, Later Kilrogg. Most specs tried out. Cleared MC and ZG. GM/Raidleader of <Alarm> and <Mutiny>.
Priest: Kilrogg EU. GM of <Mutiny>. Cleared Kara, Gruul, Magtheridon, VR as holy. Then Shadowspec, Jumped to Turalyon, joined <Origin>. Raided SSC/TK, cleared both, kicked for inactivity (due to exams at college - they weren't very understanding). Joined less active guild <Ascension> - recleared SSC and TK before guild exploded
Warrior: Rerolled (old character I never compeltely levelled) on Bronze Dragonflight. Cleared (again) Kara, Gruul, Maggy. Then, SSC, TK, finally ending up in Hyjal and BT. This is where I am today, recently stopped playing with that guild (<Tenacity>) as I've not had the time.

- Reason for rerolling:

Tenacity, my latest guild, was a greatly competitive, hardcore raiding environment, with raids 6 nights out of 7. Although I enjoyed the focused raids, the company of my guildies just wasn't great, as they were all very ueber-minded, middle-aged geeks, for want of a better word. I'm searching for a guild who, whilst they take raiding seriously enough, are not completely inhuman outside of raids, and who enjoy a good laugh and the social aspect of the guild just as much. Also looking to return to my alliance roots on a new character, which should be fun.

- Please provide an armoury link (http://eu.wowarmory.com)to your most advanced character:

I can do one better: all my chars:

Warrior (most advanced)
Priest
Warlock
Paladin

Misc

- What can you bring to Sacrament?

I can bring an experienced, grizzled if you like, veteran of wow who's looking for a more social setting to continue playing. I can offer a player who will both listen and offer (I hope sensible) advice. I can also offer bribes of pastry-baked goods.

- What are your expectations of Sacrament?

A guild where, I hope, the players are not only concerned about PvE prowess, but enjoying being with other social players of the game. I'm looking for an oppertunity to forge new friendships through this game, and you guys seem to have the right attitude about you.

- Do you currently have any applications to other guilds outstanding?:

None.

- What are your usual play times, and are you able to fit in with our intended raid schedule?:

I am online weekdays from 6pm game-time onwards, and available until 1am, except for mondays, when I am indisposed. At the weekends, most of the afternoon in addition to this. Your raid times are fine for my schedule, save mondays.

- Do you have a stable internet connection that can handle 25 man raids?:

Aye of course, recently upgraded to cable.

- Have you used Ventrilo/Teamspeak before?:

In almost every guild. have a mic and love to speak over it Wink

- Have you read and agree with the guild rules etc in the 'Whats it all about?' thread?:

Aye, they seem very sensible. I like a guild that has a proper set of rules set out from the outset.

- Anything else you want to add?:

No, just thanking you for reading my application, and hope to speak to you soon.

cherry By the way. Took me a while to work out what on earth it was
Back to top Go down
Crilly
Officer
Crilly

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Iruel wrote:
I can also offer bribes of pastry-baked goods.
Im sold.

Thanks for your application, Im sure Sav will be along any second now to grill you Smile

And well done for passing the cherry test! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iruel
Guild Member
Iruel

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Woops, got my hunter talents mixed up! Going for a marks build at 70, switching to Survival at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Hello, thankyou for your application.

Iruel wrote:
Reason for rerolling:

Tenacity, my latest guild, was a greatly competitive, hardcore raiding environment, with raids 6 nights out of 7. Although I enjoyed the focused raids, the company of my guildies just wasn't great, as they were all very ueber-minded, middle-aged geeks, for want of a better word. I'm searching for a guild who, whilst they take raiding seriously enough, are not completely inhuman outside of raids, and who enjoy a good laugh and the social aspect of the guild just as much. Also looking to return to my alliance roots on a new character, which should be fun.

Please provide an armoury link (http://eu.wowarmory.com)to your most advanced character:

I can do one better: all my chars:

Warrior (most advanced)

This is really impressive and thorough stuff Very Happy I have to ask you the same question I ask everyone who links me profiles of t5 characters though; why do you want to reroll rather than carry on with it? You could likely find any number of guilds who would accept a warrior with that calibre of gear, why go back to Karazhan farming again?
Back to top Go down
http://sacrament.forumotion.com
Iruel
Guild Member
Iruel

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:10 pm

A very fair question. To be honest, I'm less worried about imba progress and killing Illidan than I am about playing with a nice bunch of people. I like raiding, don't get me wrong, but it makes such a difference to do it with the right people.
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Iruel wrote:
A very fair question. To be honest, I'm less worried about imba progress and killing Illidan than I am about playing with a nice bunch of people. I like raiding, don't get me wrong, but it makes such a difference to do it with the right people.

Ok that seems fair enough. I'm willing to accept you, but please try to have a think about what class you want to play, we're currently open for all but rogues. That said, I cant guarantee how long some of the other classes will be open for.
Back to top Go down
Iruel
Guild Member
Iruel

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Hunter please my friend - think I'll enjoy it more.
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Iruel wrote:
Hunter please my friend - think I'll enjoy it more.

Accepted, welcome to the guild Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crilly
Officer
Crilly

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Welcome! sunny
Back to top Go down
Iruel
Guild Member
Iruel

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Thank you muchly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)   Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mage or Hunter Application - TBC! (ACCEPTED)
Page 1 of 1