Sacrament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaiya
Guild Member

Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) Empty
PostSubject: Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)   Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Real Life Info

- Name:
Amiy

- Tell us about yourself:
Im a university student just finishing off my 3rd year in Software Systems for the Arts and Media at the University of Hertfordshire. I start my PhD in Cyber-Identity in the fall, as well as i get a nice Lecturing position to boot. At the moment im currently recovering from some surgery im sure nobody wants to know about, so i have extra time to level for now. Once im back to University my hours tend to be great one week and slip down for a few after as i get close to a deadline. The upside though is that it means i can still make time to at least be on for a raid if nothing else during the day.

About my personality, im a bit of a theorycrafter, and i tend to have wacky ideas i like to try out ^^. Im pretty fun in a nerdishly boring kind of way, and i tend to bring my studies into WoW with me.

WoW info

- Character's Name: Amaiya

- Class: Paladin

- Level: 1

- Intended spec at max level (feel free to link to http://www.wowhead.com/?talent or similar if you've thought that far ahead):
I was intending to be Holy, as i've enjoyed healing from a Restoration Shaman perspective, and i love trying new things out [which is the reason my old rogue had over 1k gold spent on respec's]. I haven't looked to much into the Paladin talents as i believe very much in learning by experience, so it's better i don't embarrass myself to much in one post.

- Previous WoW experience (raiding experience, former guilds/realms played on, classes/specs played to a high level etc):
I've played WoW since the US Closed Beta, i spent far to much money on a Code to play. For the first 2 and a little years i played as my Rogues; all level 60 with 2 being barely geared as i used them testing out various types without affecting my main, Vladia. I played her as a Normal Member, Class Leader, Raid Leader, Guild Leader as well as initially a Clan Leader for the shard of my original all-girl clan The Black Rose [from way back in 2001 in a game called 'The Myth of Soma']. With her i experienced ZQ, AQ20, MC, Onyxia, Outdoor Raiding, as well as most of BWL with an array of guilds spanning both Ragnaros [PvP] and Bronzebeard [PvE] servers. I left the original due to the clan disbanding, and eventually move again from Bronzebeard 'Horde', to 'Alliance', as i was being dragged down a little to much by a pretty busy raiding scheduale i couldnt keep up with in a guild called 'Bad Karma'. My move was made using my little Gnomey by the name of Aril, she uses the name i was known by in my old Clan so she will always be special to me.

With Aril i grew and leveled with my current guild 'No Pressure', which i've been a member of since December 2006 as well as an officer in since early-2007. I started out tanking us up through the gear levels and into Kara', later switching to my Alt as we were more in need of healers than tank's. I love tanking as it's so involved and i like to think i play her well, she was retired to let my current main Amaiya help with raiding [she's currently shown here in my own homebrew grinding build ive been using to make some money ^^], her actual healing gear is far from complete for her tier as i have a few things like the Primal Mooncloth set which for now are far to yummy a bonus to give up.

Amaiya has let me experience a lot more of the game, healing really is the new 'in thing' for me. With her i've handled Kara' fully as well as i was there for our first Gruul kill last month, which we managed on our first night in there. My personal preference is against the Gruul type instances where you walk in and have a boss, i prefer to work at interesting things rather than a 2minute splurge of numbers.

- Reason for rerolling:
Im looking for a guild with a similar raiding scheduale, yet a little more stable, as well as a chance to try out a new class without being held back by other characters i have on the server. Id hope my friend will join me on the server [which doesn't imply the guild], but wether or not she'd ever leave the No-Pressure i don't know - we've got different things we enjoy doing.

- Please provide an armoury link (http://eu.wowarmory.com)to your most advanced character:
My three character names are links above and in truth they're isnt much difference in what ive accomplished with of them; Aril and Amaiya [her gear isn't resto as im grinding with her, ill try and sort out a display for you].

Misc

- What can you bring to Sacrament?
A friendly theorycrafter who loves to try out new things and still manage to smile about it when it goes wrong.

- What are your expectations of Sacrament?
A guild that doesnt mind my crazy theorycrafting, it wont affect any raiding but i do like people to at least seem partially interested or just play with me when im having some fun. Most of all, i want a tolerant guild, i dont want anything to do with things like racism etc, and i step in to defend people when i need to - for me though this extends to things like being swore at, i can accept it when people are chatting to each other but id hope people have the common courtesy to not direct it at me.

- Do you currently have any applications to other guilds outstanding?:
No; whatever happens ill be spending some of my free time between raids chatting with friends on Bronzebeard. With university splitting us up so much, i have a lot of my real life friends that use it as a virtual MSN.

- What are your usual play times, and are you able to fit in with our intended raid schedule?:
My play times vary depending on my work load, but i can make the raids.

- Do you have a stable internet connection that can handle 25 man raids?:
Sky's a little temperamental sometimes, but just as much as any other.

- Have you used Ventrilo/Teamspeak before?:
Yups both of them; although for Ventrilo i require you to use a Speex codec, im a MacGirl ^^.

- Have you read and agree with the guild rules etc in the 'Whats it all about?' thread?:
Yes i have hehe; cherry

- Anything else you want to add?:
If you'd like to get hold of me then feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot, you sound like a nice bunh.

Amiy

EDIT: Just a few formating changes and removal of contact details.

Last edited by on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crilly
Officer
Crilly

PostSubject: Re: Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)   Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi Amiy,

Thanks for your application Smile

I'll have a chat with Sav and get back to you as soon as possible Smile
Back to top Go down
Amaiya
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)   Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Sorry my coding was so messed up, i ignored anything that was code'y and Red as i assumed it'd be seen as wrong anyway.

Um and gearwise i'll try and sort out the profile to update overnight in my Resto things, not to show when it updates ^^.

Amiy
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)   Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Hello, thanks for your interest in the guild.

First of all let me say that this is an exceptional application; I wish everyone wrote so much and added so much detail right from the start Wink

I do have a couple of questions though:

Amaiya wrote:
- Reason for rerolling:
Im looking for a guild with a similar raiding scheduale, yet a little more stable, as well as a chance to try out a new class without being held back by other characters i have on the server. Id hope my friend will join me on the server [which doesn't imply the guild], but wether or not she'd ever leave the No-Pressure i don't know - we've got different things we enjoy doing.

- Do you currently have any applications to other guilds outstanding?:
No; whatever happens ill be spending some of my free time between raids chatting with friends on Bronzebeard. With university splitting us up so much, i have a lot of my real life friends that use it as a virtual MSN.

I'm highlighting these two paragraphs because I just want to clarify that you are 100% sure you want to reroll and start a new main character. I get the feeling you are somewhat reluctant to leave your current guild, and I would hate for you to join us and then leave after a week because you miss playing with your ex-guildies on a daily basis. Is this a possible scenario, or are you certain that a reroll with a new bunch of people is what you are after?

Amaiya wrote:
- What are your usual play times, and are you able to fit in with our intended raid schedule?:
My play times vary depending on my work load, but i can make the raids.

Give me a rough idea of the times you play at please; for example, do you play after work hours, or are you more likely to be found online from 9 in the morning until 2 the next morning? Wink Just so I know what to expect.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://sacrament.forumotion.com
Amaiya
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)   Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 5:56 pm

I won't try and quote as ill no-doubt mess it up somehow ^.-

To the first question; yes i do want to re-roll, new people and a new atmosphere keep things fresh. I just don't want to lose touch with my friends, ill pop over there to chat with them and they'll do the same back with me. It's not exactly a major time grabber but i dislike the complete disregard people seem to have for old friends when they move, after 12months with them they're my friends and the ones i dont speak to on the phone id like to keep in touch with. I've still got friends from 7 years ago i chat to, it's just how i like to play, keeping in touch with people until they move on too.

And for the second questions ill post what will likely be my scheduale;

Monday: 3-4 hours after 6pm.
Tuesday: 6pm+
Wednesday: 6pm+
Thursday: 6pm+
Friday: 3-4 hours after 6pm.
Saturday: 9:30pm+
Sunday: All Day'ish

On the '+'s, i dont mind playing through till 1-2am GT, it just depends on what im upto study wise or if it's been a long day. If i've got something to do, then i stay on.

Monday and Friday are University days, so it's dependant on Travel time and i might start earlier than that but i like to not end up spending to long on if i have a deadline coming up. Else it sort of snowballs into coming weeks.

For Saturday's it's my part-time job and upto September it's my static 'late start' day, i tend to zonk out early too so wont be on super late.

Sunday's is my rest day for everything and unless i feel exceptionally guilty about my studies, i tend to be on hehe.

---

As i said, at the moment im recovering from some surgery so ive got nearly 2 weeks left of just mooching on WoW and ill be on far more than normal. Once my routine settles back in the above might slide a little to fit in whenever i go clubbing and stuff. It's hard to be definitive about things when ive been out of the loop for 2 months.

Amiy

cherry
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)   Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Ok Smile Sounds fine to me.

Accepted, welcome to the guild.
Back to top Go down
http://sacrament.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)   Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Amaiya - Holy Paladin (ACCEPTED)
Page 1 of 1