Sacrament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheridan

Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Real Life Info

- Name: Pete Leigh

- Tell us about yourself: I enjoy playing World of Warcraft and raiding alot, I spend alot of my time playing Rugby or physical exercise. I play for my schools Rugby team and I am generally a nice person. Im quite talkative and keen on meeting new people in the guild and levelling up at the start again, because after playing Rogue for 2 years and a priest for a year before that, they have become really dry and boring, especially with my rogues great "3 buttons" to do a raid boss all through MH and BT.

WoW info

- Character's Name: Sheridan

- Class: Shaman

- Level: 0 at the current time

- Intended spec at max level (feel free to link to http://www.wowhead.com/?talent or similar if you've thought that far ahead):

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/shaman/talents.html?5503015500021535105100000000000000000000005203301000000000000

Obviously, if there was a better spec I would take it, I dont know that much about shamans at the moment and the prospect of learning and reading up on how to master it will be great.

- Previous WoW experience:

Pre-TBC: ZG, AQ20, MC, BWL, AQ40, Ony - Cleared
Naxx until Four Horsemen
TBC: Kara, Gruuls, Mag, SSC - Cleared
TK - Kael'thas at phase 3.

- Reason for rerolling:

Getting tired of playing on my rogue, it really takes no skill to be good at rogue, its basically spamming SS with Rupture and Slice / Dice inbetween, and despite being rather good at it, it lacks interest, there is no way to get better at rogue or do anything special on raid bosses.

Rerolling would 1. Get my interested back into WoW and raiding more and 2. Would be nice to meet new people and level up with them aswell as raid with them later on.

- Please provide an armoury link (http://eu.wowarmory.com)to your most advanced character:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&n=Pumpkinator

Misc

- What can you bring to Sacrament?

Hopefully alot of raiding knowledge, knowledge about the game as a whole, a fun person to talk with and raid with, I wont slack or lose concentration, I will always be 100% prepared and happy to level with.

- What are your expectations of Sacrament?

Be a fun rerolling guild, have fun and level fairly quickly so we can start raiding and get bosses down quickly. Not much more, its all I ask for

- Do you currently have any applications to other guilds outstanding?:

None, besides Rogues being overpopulated you wont get a spot in any guild.

- What are your usual play times, and are you able to fit in with our intended raid schedule?:

I play around 6 hours and a day and can fit into the intended raid schedule well.

- Do you have a stable internet connection that can handle 25 man raids?:

Yep, very stable, no disconnects since I have had it

- Have you used Ventrilo/Teamspeak before?:

Of course

- Have you read and agree with the guild rules etc in the 'Whats it all about?' thread?:

Yes and I do agree ^^

- Anything else you want to add?:

Would be great to be accepted to join, Im sure that unlike most other rerolling guilds this will definitely work and I would love to spend time with you and help progress together. Pretty much everything you need to know I have said, hope to see you soon!

king
Back to top Go down
Sheridan

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:24 pm

( cherry not king )

I reread post and I havent written alot, I apologize, just I am not very interesting to talk about (unless you want to know endless boring of Rugby) nor am I in a very exciting WoW life, I turn up each afternoon, play with friends while farming, have fun and then go raiding, followed by bed. I used to do 7days raiding at 5 hours a day, it was alright, took some fun out of the game for sure but I still did everything, topped damage, bottomed the death count and progressed while having a laugh with a group of raiders which were my mates.

I would love to join Sacrament and hopefully ^^.

Have a nice day Smile , Sheridan
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Hello, thanks for applying.

Let me begin by saying this is the 5th application for this shaman spot, so please bear with us as we are still in the process of interrogat....I mean, questioning the individual applicants.

Anyway...

Sheridan wrote:
Reason for rerolling:

Getting tired of playing on my rogue, it really takes no skill to be good at rogue, its basically spamming SS with Rupture and Slice / Dice inbetween, and despite being rather good at it, it lacks interest, there is no way to get better at rogue or do anything special on raid bosses.

Arent most classes in WoW like that though to some extent? Shaman for example, sure you'll drop a totem every now and then, but you'll still only be spamming one spell the majority of the time. Occasionally you might be asked to heal, in which case you'll just be spamming one spell at the tank or the melee dps.

Hm. Just an observation Smile

Quote :
Be a fun rerolling guild, have fun and level fairly quickly so we can start raiding and get bosses down quickly. Not much more, its all I ask for

I think that you are going to be dissappointed on this score to be perfectly honest with you. Let me quote from the guild info "want to enjoy the levelling process without ridiculous levelling expectations or the pressure to hit level 70 within a week", By this I dont mean 2 weeks, 3 weeks or even 4 weeks either. We are putting no demands on people to level up at any particular speed; WoW is a game, not a lifestyle, despite what some people think Wink If this means that it takes 6 months before the guild is ready to raid, then it takes 6 months. So no, I'm afraid if you are looking for someplace where levelling is going to be quick and starting raiding asap is the be all and end all, you would be best looking elsewhere.

Having said all that, do you still think this is the guild for you, or do you think you'd be better looking for one of these guilds that imposes levelling requirements on people? Also, if we do accept you, how can we be sure you wont bail due to our progress not living up to your expectations?
Back to top Go down
http://sacrament.forumotion.com
Sheridan

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 1:29 pm

Quote :
Arent most classes in WoW like that though to some extent?
Basically yes, such is the same with being a Healer or Melee DPS. But to put it another way, im tired of my rogue, and it would be nice to leave him now because although the years ive spent training on him, I feel no decline in never playing him again.

Quote :
in which case you'll just be spamming one spell at the tank or the melee dps.
Seriously, I quite like healing and having this format is much better than it was previously on a rogue or priest alike. I healed through practically nearly all of Vanilla WoW and played rogue for my guild practicality on raid spots in TBC. I liked healing and if asked to lob a few healing waves onto our melee and tank team I would be more than delighted to at times.

Quote :
So no, I'm afraid if you are looking for someplace where levelling is going to be quick and starting raiding asap
Maybe you got me wrong, after 2 weeks of trying to solo-reroll I was still at level 28, I dont like playing hardcore as I have a professional career ahead of me soon and this guild will fit both my needs of 1. Playing WoW at the end of a day and 2. Giving me time for a social life.

Quote :
looking for one of these guilds that imposes levelling requirements on people?
Last time I tried that I was booted for being too slow around 5 months ago, I think you meant me as a big time player, but even I dont play much and I dont mind about waiting a long time for raiding. I have kept myself entertained for weeks figuring out different specs, how to PvP and whats best to arena with. So even if I do hit 70 quite early (Not that likely) I wont be annoyed because were not raiding. I just want to have fun with the game, not treat it as a 2nd job.

Quote :
Also, if we do accept you, how can we be sure you wont bail due to our progress not living up to your expectations?
Im not sure what expectations your thinking of exactly...

There is nothing in raiding that is anything I will want to desperately see, I have been through BT while over at my friends, it was probably the least exciting place I have seen. Illidan is a joke and rushing 35 hour raiding timetables for weeks on end to kill him is just stupid. I just want a nice relaxing guild that suits my own pace outside my studies, I thought that Sacrament sounded like that where we wont be rushing around into raiding, but if and when we do start raiding, if its even in TBC I would mind wiping on Attumen for weeks due to incompetance or laziness. But if people are willing for the small timetable to concentrate and want to down the boss, then that is more than enough I want out of raiding.
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Ok Smile

As I said above, please bear with us for a while as we are still debating the various applications for the spot, we'll try to get back to you asap.
Back to top Go down
Grizzlyadams
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 11:26 am

Pumpkinator ??? as in Pumpkinator that used to be on wildhammer ?
Back to top Go down
Savant
Guild Master
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:28 am

Apologies for the delay.

After some debate we have decided to turn down your application. Feel free to reapply at a later date if another shaman spot opens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)   Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan - Shaman (REJECTED)
Page 1 of 1